Saturday, June 8, 2013

Making the pieced sashing and borders

I bought some bright fabric called Avalon and some subdued fabric called Audra's Iris garden hoping it would go together OK. Luckily it seems to work. I will probably use these fabrics for the most part of the applique blocks. I will use some scraps as well.

To make the long strips of 2 1/2 inch squares I cut wof strips then cut then in half. I made up piles of similar colours and values then moved them around a bit til I had 8 piles of 8. I then set about sewing them into groups of 4 strips. There is still a way to go.

There are a lot of squares!

No comments:

Post a Comment